Say who is this typing man?

I don't even know, people. They let anyone write on the internet nowadays.

Apr 3, 2012

Cosplay update - Mockingjay

Let me start off by saying I'm not a furry.

This is important, because I want to cosplay as a bird. But I'm NOT A FURRY. No offense to the furry crowd, but that's not how I roll.
So I dressed as Puss-in-boots once... still not a furry.
I was thinking of dressing as a mockingjay, the offspring of mockingbirds and genetically engineered bluejays called jabberjays from The Hunger Games. I do NOT want to dress as Katniss in her mockingjay costume, or anything like that - though I may be able to get away with it, since I have similar coloring to the actress who played her in the recent movie. I just have always loved mockingbirds (they're everywhere here) for their attitude and abilities, and thought it'd be cool.

I'm still waaaaaay in the beginning stages of the project, though. I've found some pretty good reference images around the net, as well as an incredible lifelike wing tutorial and lady model template for designing the costume on deviantart.
inked by Dualmask
I also have got my hands on some Wonderflex to play with and I'm on the hunt for some liquid latex. I'm thinking some feather patterns on exposed skin using the latex and some body paint. A note on the Wonderflex - I ordered a sample sheet from Dani's Cosplay supplies and it arrived pretty quickly (in fact, it shipped less than 6 hours after ordering), but I had some unforseen problems. Nothing that could be blamed on the supplier; I just forgot that it's "spring" here in the South. Wonderflex is wonderful because it's easy to work with using heat, and 80 degree weather combined with the back of a mail truck equals partially worked Wonderflex. It bonded slightly to the envelope it arrived in. Obnoxious, but something I can work with.

To sum up, I'm concepting like a crazy person, but I'm not expecting this particular costume to be ready for Dragon*Con 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My comments are non-moderated. Troll away.